Sunday, August 11, 2013

On Weight and Clutter - Living Lightly

I had an "A-Ha moment" this week when I knew that EVERYONE has baggage.  The thing  for me is that my suitcases are too full.  Result:  Unwanted weight and clutter.  A big part of this is that I dread the mundane tasks in life.  I have seen them as additions to the weight in my baggage,  as an insurmountable list of things I MUST do.  Yet the irony is that not getting to these actions is causing the heaviness in my life.

So, I have been exerting a lot of energy in dread of what I "need' to do.  This makes me less productive, even though the constant thinking in my brain deludes me into believing I am getting things done.  Then there is less energy to tackle my life optimally.  Less gets accomplished.  Some piles get bigger.  And I feel the weight of the world on my shoulders and emanate it in my hips and thighs.

What now?  I am no longer going to label these things in life as chores or tasks or mandates.   They are actions that lighten my baggage, so that I can follow my dreams and live lightly.   Let the games begin!  I'm excited - Are you?


2 comments:

  1. Indeed, let the games begin! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just do what my sister does. Throw everything away...lol
    Every now and then, she just throws stuff away....good stuff...just because it's cluttering her home... the less stuff she has, the less stuff to clean and dust. lol

    ReplyDelete