Monday, August 26, 2013

On Weight and Clutter - The Heaviness of Pain

Oops, there it is.... that old "friend" of mine - pain.  Reared it's head again. Roared loud to see if I was paying attention.  And the good of it?   For me it keeps me on a path of amazing grace to Self that allows me to have that grace for others.

Why does pain empower my ability to have grace for my Self?  Because I must allow myself to be okay with the knowing that I am doing my best when others are not so kind in their opinions of me.  I have to be willing to stand alone with God and be okay if no one else believes that my struggle is severe.  My value is from just my be-ing.  Not from what I do or accomplish.  Actions and accomplishments that are most fruitful come from an enormous sense of grace and be-ing my true higher self.

So this pain is reminding me what my journey is all about.  As compassion to Self and others becomes ingrained, I will no longer need pain as a reminder.  Then healing comes.  I know this and have hope.  This hope lightens the heaviness that pain brings over me.

And in spite of this pain, over the past four weeks, I've gotten five bags of "good will" items out of the house, bought a car, got my daughter ready for the school year, and set my body free of six of the extra pounds that have been encumbering it.  Little things but important things.  So I will continue to plod on with doing what I can in the moment even when it is less than my "to do" list has on it for the day.  Mountains are moved by the little things.  So I will persist.

And that's Penny's Two Cents.


No comments:

Post a Comment