Friday, February 21, 2014

On Weight and Clutter: Savor the Flavor #1

I recently discovered the lack of tasty home-cooked food is what was really weighing me down. As well as dreading the perceived work of cooking.  Healthy ingredients are a given.  But so are flavorful ingredients.  Ayurvedic medicine practitioners recommend each meal has all of the flavors in it.   They also say that what you are thinking when you cook affects the quality of the Although I won't always go to the full extent of Indian tradition, I do realize that it is important to have savory food on  a regular basis.  And I need to enjoy the preparation!
Chili Colorado Served Grain/Gluten Free and Very Low Sugar 

So here is my first edition of Savor the Flavor which will include a new original recipe or a link for a new recipe that falls within the parameters of the low carb diet I must follow to attain good health.  I also will include "Penny's Pointers"  extra tips for what I discovered in preparing this dish/meal.

Link for this weeks recipe:


http://davidsfreerecipes.com/chili-colorado

Penny's Pointers
  1. Be especially mindful of the liquid in the meat while it is simmering and add more water if needed.
  2. I substituted four (4) Sweet Mini Peppers (Orange and Yellow) for the green bell pepper since I had these in the house and the sauce was still delicious!
  3. I served with 3 cups of romaine lettuce, 1/4 avocado, 2 Tbsp. Greek Full Fat Yogurt, and Salsa to keep in compliance with my doctor's recommended diet.
  4. Vegetarian and Vegan friends, the sauce itself tastes amazing and can be used to make vegee and or cheese enchiladas, top burritos, put in soups or for whatever else you can imagine.  It makes a large quantity in concentrate so you do get a lot for your effort and you can freeze some for later use.



    My sink, four days after preparing this dish - LOL!





    No comments:

    Post a Comment