Tuesday, February 25, 2014

On Weight and Clutter: First Things First

The body I live in has chronic illnesses at this moment.  Period.  Am I truly suffering from this?  No!!  Yet to be the best representative of my true Self I need to take care of myself in the present.  And this self-care needs to be my FIRST priority.  NOT as a means to an End but as something to embrace doing in the NOW.

I've resisted this in the past because I saw these self-care actions as some tedious thing that reminded me I was ill.  But the reality was that  I was looking at these actions as a means to an end (health) which is not a "bad" intention, yet it's missing the essence of mind-spirit-body well-being by taking me out of the present.

So I'm transforming my thoughts  on these things.  I am creating "To do lists" / "Schedules" for these health care treatments and calling them "Set Intentions".  I am creating a check off form for these items that will be set intentions that are daily, weekly, monthly, etc.  Setting intentions is graceful to myself as well accepting that God and the Universe may bring me something to embrace that falls out of the parameter of "my plans".

Here's a view into my Set Intentions for self-care:

Daily:

  • Meditate 20 minutes
  • Vinegar foot soak 30 minutes two times per day
  • Lymphedema self massage with elevated feet two times per day
  • Walk 3000 steps*
  • Log food intake*
  • Track walking and exercise*
  • Modified yoga for healthy back 8 minutes*
Weekly:
  • Swim 20 minutes two times per week*
  • Weight training 20 minutes two times per week*
  • Free style dancing (DYBO) 30 minutes one time per week*
  • Cook / create new recipe that is healthful for me and delicious
Other:
  • Make appointment for Physical Rehab regarding lymphedema
  • Make appointment to request a SADS light

This is a start at making first things first in my life with grace.  I'm embracing life in the moment.  Let's see how this unfolds.

*These items I track on apps on my smartphone.

No comments:

Post a Comment